As consumers, we rely on many “everyday” products to help us through the day. These products could be:
- Drugs and medicine
- Hygiene products
Any of these products could be dangerous, without any of us being aware of it. By the time the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) realizes that a product is defective and issues a massive product recall, it could be too late. If you believe that you have experienced side effects of a recently recalled product or that the product you are using is defective and should be recalled, consult with one of Product Liability Attorney in Los Angeles as quickly as you can.
Here are the things you need to know about dangerous products.
What Can You File a Claim For?
Thousands of individuals and especially children are injured and killed every year by recalled products. You are able to file a recalled product personal injury lawsuit and seek a financial settlement against the following products:
- Thousands of individuals and especially children are injured and killed every year by recalled products. You are able to file a recalled product personal injury lawsuit and seek a financial settlement against the following products
- Recalled car parts: airbags, tires, seatbelts, child safety seats, restraints
- Outdoor products: power tools, lawn mowers, weed killers, saws, generators, swimming pools, household chemicals, yard tractors, trimmers, drain covers, and snowblowers
- Recreational and Sports products: golf carts, tennis racquets, bicycles, bicycle helmets and tires, tents, climbing carabiners, diving masks and gear, baseball gloves
- Household products: stoves, computers, stools, air conditioners, toasters, garage doors, furnaces, knives, lights, candles, lamps, water heaters, blinds, and shades
- Medical products and devices: surgical mesh, knee implants or replacements, PET scans, prosthesis, hip implants, hip replacements, and stents
- Food products (contaminated food)
- Drugs and medications: recalled prescription drugs, Rx and other medicines
If you or someone you know has suffered injuries from any of the above-listed products, you should be aware of the fact that you may have a claim in hand. Some people are not even aware of their legal rights. This is why these companies and their defective products get away with it.
We recommend that you speak with one of the Los Angeles Product Liability Attorney as soon as you find a reason to believe that you or your loved one have suffered from a defective product. Don’t hesitate, as each passing day may put your life in danger. Act now, before it is too late!
What You Should Do
After developing a condition or suffering an injury due to a defective product, you should do the following:
- Seek immediate medical attention: This is your number one priority. Regardless of whether your injury is minor or barely visible, it may grow or evolve into something more dangerous and even life-threatening. Consult with your doctor, get checked and start proper treatment. Take a copy of the doctor’s report.
NOTE: Do not worry about your medical bills, as everything will be covered once your case is successful.
- Contact Consumer Product Safety Commission and see whether or not they have already recalled the product. If it was recalled, they will give you information on how to return the product and seek compensation for any potential side-effects.
- Legal advice is mandatory: This is the time where you need strong legal representation. Seek help from JML law of knowledgeable and highly experienced attorneys and let them help you receive the right settlement for your troubles.